This tour is a travel back in time. We will unveil some of the most remote and interesting historical villages and castles of Portugal.
Located in the interior Beira, center of Portugal, most of the sites we visit are classified in the network of Portugal historical villages.
- DAY 1 – Lisboa / Idanha a Velha / Monsanto / Sortelha/ Belmonte
- DAY 2 – Belmonte/Linhares da Beira/ Trancoso/ Marialva / Figueira Castelo Rodrigo
- DAY 3 – Almeida / Castelo Mendo / Guarda / return to Lisbon
- Idanha-a-Velha, an ancient roman and visigothic town
- Monsanto the most portuguese village where some people live inside granit bolders
- Sortelha, the ring of stone
- Belmonte with a criptojewish comunity and birthplace of Cabral who discovered Brasil
- Trancoso, Queen Saint Isabel dowry
- Almeida, a stronghold, a town which is hexagonal in shape
- Figueira Castelo Rodrigo, a very well preserved crossing village for pilgrims on their way to Santiago de Compostela
- Castelo Mendo where the first portuguese market took place
- Guarda and its catedral
- Linhares da Beira and its castle
Description:A real encounter with its genuine people, traditions and sites, in remote areas of less known Portugal.
A unique travel experience to taste the culture and history of this fascinating country – Portugal.
Departure from Lisboa, passing Castelo Branco heading to Idanha a Velha. Visit this village once in visigothic time called Egitânea. Then Monsanto, once the most Portuguese village. Proceed to Sortelha, beautiful and well preserved.
Then we will head to Belmonte.
We shall drive up to the highest mountain, Serra da Estrela before getting to know the villages of Linhares da Beira, Trancoso and Marialva. We may spend the night in Castelo Rodrigo or any other nearby town.
Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo / Almeida. Visit of this historical village which has a star shape line of walls dated from XVIII century. Then follows a very remote village, Castelo Mendo, before heading to Guarda where we may visit the iconic Cathedral. Return to Lisbon.
• Guide / Driver Fees and Expenses (meals & accommodation)
• Pick-Up / Drop-Off at your location in Lisbon
• Transportation in a modern and comfortable vehicle
• Travel Insurances
• Tolls & Parks
What’s Not Included:
• Participants Accommodation
• Meals & Drinks
• Admission Fees
Take a Note:
This is a private tour. There will be nobody else joining the party except if agreed by you. This also means the tour can be customized and adjusted to the participants’ interests at any time.
The default language of the tour is English, but you can choose an additional language from the available options.
FOR YOUR ATTENTION: We will assist you regarding your Hotel bookings for the appointed locations.